Unsure where to begin? Follow the 6 steps below for a quick tour of the platform, and start generating insights immediately
1. The Welcome Screen
The Welcome Screen is the first thing you will see when you login. You’ll find helpful information and links to videos on the GWI Knowledge Base.
- Click “Learn more” for a 60 second video on each of the Platform’s main features
- Click the “Search” icon at the top-left to search for specific data of interest, including our full ‘Chart of the Day’ archive
Explore with Dashboards for a quick overview across a broad range of topics. The “Getting Started” dashboard is a great place to start!
Click “Audiences” on the right-hand side to add audiences, and context, to your dashboard.
We recommend our pre-built “Default” audiences to start. Not all audiences are accessible to Free users, so use the terms below to search for some of the most useful that are available:
“Male” / “Female”, “Education”, “Employment”, “Attitudinal Segmentation”, “Online Shoppers”, “Mobile Internet Users”, “Children in HH” (HH = Household)
4. Dashboard Widgets
Dashboard widgets present data via several metrics (explained here). For example:
- Audience % shows the size of your audience matching the chosen data point. In the ‘Mobile Operating Systems’ chart below, 58.2% of Full Time Workers use Android.
- Index shows how likely your audience is to match a data point compared with the base audience. In ‘Digital Content Purchased’, Students (Index: 126) are 26% more likely to have bought Study Programs / learning materials than the average internet user.
5. Explore Charts in More Depth
To explore a chart in more detail, click the three dots in the top-right corner of a chart. Select “Go to Chart Builder” to open up this feature. Watch this video for more information on Chart Builder.